PDPP (Professional Diploma in Public Procurement)
PDPP is the Professional Diploma in Public Procurement powered by the World Bank. ISM-INDIA a partner Institute to The World Bank, launches an online diploma on “Professional Diploma in Public Procurement (PDPP)”. The objective of the Professional Diploma in Public Procurement is to deliver comprehensive knowledge that covers theoretical aspects, modern methods & trends and also good practices in Public Procurement. Delivered as a blended learning program that includes social learning from each other, participants would be able to develop expertise in Public Procurement.
- PDPP aims to build up a strong foundation in Public Procurement.
- PDPP endeavors procurement practitioners in India to understand the process and best practices in Public Procurement followed in Govt. of India and States.
- PDPP tries to enable those who are aspiring for a career in public procurement to acquire in-depth knowledge and understanding of the field.
Who can benefit from the course?
- Procurement Professionals wishing to update their domain knowledge.
- Non-procurement professionals who are involved in or manage the procurement function.
- Employees of private sector who bid in Public Procurement.
- Auditing and compliance professionals.
- Anyone who is interested in Public Procurement.
Blended Learning Methodology
PDPP provides learners with an opportunity to enhance domain knowledge and benefit from expert feedback on submissions.
Registered learners systematically enhance their knowledge and skills, and undergo structured assessment. The blended methodology ensures comprehensive online and offline learning.
Duration & Assessment Structure
- Registered candidates are given six months to complete PDPP.
- They are required to pass module-end assessments, submit assignments and pass the final online assessment.
- The Diploma will be issued to all successful candidates.
Eligibility and Advisory
- Graduation in any Stream.
- Recognized Diploma in any Professional Streams (e.g. Engineering, Pharmacy, Hospital Management, Hotel Management etc).
- Final Year Students can enroll subject to passing their Graduation or Diploma before award of PDPP Certificate.
- Two years work experience is desirable but not mandatory.
- It is advised that the course may need adequacy in English Language and Computer/ Internet Usage.
How to Register
Please register on the portal www.procurementlearning.org log in and select the option to enroll for the Professional Diploma program from My Page. Please select ISM-INDIA (An affiliate of ISM USA) as the partner institutes mentioned in the site. You will have to pay the required fees as per the instructions given in this portal. Once the payment is made and acknowledged by the institute, you will be permitted to start the course online. For details, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
PDPP has six core mandatory modules (including three modules covered in the CPPP).
- Introduction to Procurement and Public procurement (including Management Concepts and Techniques).
- Public Procurement Framework in India (including legal aspects of Public Procurement).
- Categories and Methods of Procurement.
- Public Procurement Operations.
- Contract Management and Closure (including Receipt and Accounting of materials and payment of suppliers’ bills).
- Public Procurement and Good Governance.
In addition, the participants of PDPP will have to choose any two from the five optional modules below
- International Practices in Public procurement
- Public Procurement of Civil Works.
- Public Procurement of Services.
- Logistics in Public procurement.