Why Public Procurement Professional Association of India (PPPAI)?
It is estimated that the volume of public procurement in India is more than US$ 500 Billion and it is rapidly growing in view of significant development needs of the country. To improve the value for money for public procurement, professionalization is widely regarded as one the drivers. An association of public procurement professionals is envisaged as the first step towards professionalization. The association will help in following ways:
- Networking opportunities to exchange ideas and seek solutions from fellow professions
- Become collective voice to provide feedback to the government on procurement policy matters
- Be the precursor to introduction of procurement cadre in government services
- Allow opportunities for training, learning and development
- PPPAI will seek institutional memberships from various international associations and other bodies